Paul Dukas’s sumptuous The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, an orchestral scherzo after a ballade of the same title by Goethe. Leonard Bernstein conducts the New York Philharmonic. My favourite recording of the work.
Believe it or not, this piece is quite new to me. I was familiar with Dukas thanks to his epic Piano Sonata in E-flat minor, and even uploaded a live recording of it by Marc-André Hamelin with score scrolling ( Although that piece remains largely underrated and rarely played, this orchestral one is Dukas’s only work to be in the constant reperoire and to have become a genuine audience favourite. But interestingly enough, it had escaped my notice and actually it wasn’t until ca. a week ago that a teacher of mine pointed out that “Der Zauberlehrling” is not only the title of a Ligeti Etude, but also of a – much more accessible and famous – orchestral piece!
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://survivorstraining.org/game/
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Thermal Expansion – Why are gaps left between railway tracks? | #aumsum #kids #science
- Legendary Fishing: Available on Nintendo Switch™ and PlayStation®4 | Launch Trailer | Ubisoft [NA]
- FASTEST GRAND MAGUS Aghanim's Labyrinth – 28:05 Minutes – TI10 Summer Event
- Outlast Game + Expansion (Whistleblower) All Endings Explained Timeline & Theories (refreshed 2020)
- Idina Menzel, Evan Rachel Wood – Show Yourself (From "Frozen 2"/Lyric Video)