It is the daily observation that bodies undergo a change in size when they are heated, this change in size on heating is known as Thermal Expansion.
When solids heated show increase in length, area and volume. Whereas liquids and gases expand only in volume. Because the molecules spread all the directions (three dimensions)
When a solid is heated, the kinetic energy of the molecules increases and vibrate more energetically against the action of intermolecular forces producing greater displacement.
Since the average distance among the molecules increases, the size of the solid increase.
Ex: 1.stuck lid of the glass jar
The gases expand more than liquids, solids because liquid, solid’s molecules only vibrate on heating but the molecules of gases move with greater velocity.
Follow me on Social Sites
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Thermal Expansion – Why are gaps left between railway tracks? | #aumsum #kids #science
- Legendary Fishing: Available on Nintendo Switch™ and PlayStation®4 | Launch Trailer | Ubisoft [NA]
- FASTEST GRAND MAGUS Aghanim's Labyrinth – 28:05 Minutes – TI10 Summer Event
- Outlast Game + Expansion (Whistleblower) All Endings Explained Timeline & Theories (refreshed 2020)
- Idina Menzel, Evan Rachel Wood – Show Yourself (From "Frozen 2"/Lyric Video)